no i did not put those things together in real life, just the title for this post.
i wasn’t really on a hunt for shaving cream but while i was perusing pinterest i happened to come across a recipe for a DIY one. i used to buy it a long time ago and if its ever on sale i would get some but as i can recall its normally like $4-5 for a bottle that doesn’t last me long at all and its not something that i really need so why buy it. but i was interested to try making my own
DIY Shaving Cream
the site i found [http://www.diyandcrafttutorials.com/diy-shaving-lotion/] called for a mix of :
1 cup shampoo
1 cup conditioner
5 TBSP baby oil
5 TBSP lotion
ive seen other sites that recommend using conditioner as a shaving cream and i happened to have a bottle of old shampoo and conditioner. i didn’t have enough shampoo for a whole cup like the recipe calls for so i changed mine to 1/3 cup shampoo and 1/3 cup conditioner. i added like 2 1/2 TBSP each of baby oil and lotion and tried it out. it wasnt bad. my legs felt silky and smooth but then again i had just shaved them… lol
now as to the chocolate syrup… for anyone that knows me, they know i love chocolate; chocolate ice cream, chocolate cupcakes, chocolate yogurt, chocolate candies, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, the list is endless. every morning while most people have a class of coffee to wake up, i have a glass of chocolate milk. and it has to be a certain color too, if its not brown enough its not chocolatey enough either. so as you can imagine i go through chocolate syrup and chocolate powder quite often. so i found this (compliments of http://www.52kitchenadventures.com/2011/03/08/homemade-chocolate-syrup/) :
Homemade Chocolate Syrup
- 1 1/4 cup organic sugar [i only have regular sugar]
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together sugar and cocoa powder until most of the lumps are gone.
- Add water and salt and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Bring to a boil and cook for a few minutes, until thickened, continuing to stir frequently.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes, then add vanilla extract.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge and enjoy within 2-4 weeks.
i can guarantee you, mine will not last 4 weeks 🙂