Who doesn’t like fried rice, raise your hand.
Now be ashamed of yourself! Fried rice is awesome. Unless you can’t eat rice in which case I apologize. But seriously, you can put anything in it and it’s great!
What I love even more about it, is that babygirl likes it. She has been a little bit of a picky eater lately and white rice is just not cutting it for her. But fried rice? OH YES, she will take more. and then some more.
And what most people don’t know is that it is so easy to make at home! I sometimes don’t like the taste of reheated white rice but I will eat fried rice day after day and not get tired. Maybe I was asian in a past life? who knows.
If you have leftover rice this is a great use for that, because old rice makes the best fried rice! Or when I really am craving it, I will make rice then cool it in the fridge/ freezer for a bit. (It seems to help)
What did I use?
Garlic & Garlic Salt
Mirin (most people use sesame oil but I only had Mirin which is not the same but I tried it and it tastes good)
1. Left my rice in the fridge til I was really ready for it. Peeled and diced my carrots.
2. Took a large skillet and heat it up. Put about 2 tbsp of butter and 2 cloves of garlic. Waited til that melted out a bit and threw in some garlic salt. When the garlic cloves looked like it marinated the butter a little I removed from the pan.
3. Put carrots in the pan to cook for a bit, I need them to be a little soft for little mama.
4. Added the rice to the pan and let it cook for a bit, I let it actually kind of fry in the butter.
5. Added in some of the Mirin (most people swear by using Sesame Oil which i didn’t have, but will need to get for future experiments) and tossed that through. After it made its way thru all the mix, I added in some soy sauce. I stirred til all the rice was coated and made sure that it was the color I liked, added more as needed.
6. I diced up my cooked chicken and threw that in the pan as well. I let the fried rice sit on low at this point.
7. I scrambled up some eggs in a pan and then after they were cooked I used my spatula to try and dice it all up into small pieces. Which I then added into the fried rice.
You can use any veggies you like, I only felt like carrots this time, and didn’t have green onions or else I probably would have used those as well. If you add milk to your scrambled eggs it makes them fluffy which I prefer. This is also a great way to use up chicken that you kind of didn’t want to eat as is, which happens to me with my leftover chicken sometimes lol.I also find that this is a great meal prep option, as I never have a taste issue with reheating fried rice.