have I ever told you how much i love avocado?
Like it goes with everything. Eggs, burgers, chicken, tacos. Bread. the list is basically endless.
I had an avocado that was over ripening really quickly and happened upon a pin that talked about making avocado egg rolls! it sounds so delicious i don’t know why i never thought of it before.
lucky for me i had egg roll wrappers and avocado and i desire to eat both.
do you have the same desire?
i can tell you how i made them.
gather up some:
egg roll wrappers (you can find them in the produce refrigerated section)
ripe avocados (i used the big green one so i only needed 1)
tomatoes (the pin i found called from roma, but i only had the bigger ones)
onion (the pin said red, i only had small yellow)
some salt & pepper (i used garlic salt)
splash of lime juice
1. spoon the avocado into a bowl. i like to cut it in chunks and then spoon it out. mash them.
2. mince up the onion, and cut small chunks of tomato.
3. add in the cilantro, lime juice and salt & pepper
4. taste it. you basically made guac. do you like it? adjust to your liking.
5. put some oil in a pot and let it get hot.
6. keep your wrappers in their bag if you aren’t using them or they will dry out. get one and spoon some of your guac in the middle.
7. i wet the 4 sides of my wrapper and folded the bottom & top down. fold the sides over and use a little water to seal it. be careful with the wrappers, they are thin and if you aren’t careful you might tear them a little.
8. put them in the oil and let them cook til they are brown and crunchy. but not too brown. like mine. (try not to do to many things at once or you’ll burn the wrappers, like me. also make sure the oil isnt too hot or you’ll sear the outside of the wrapper and not let the insides cook properly. )
im not like an egg roll expert or anything but they aren’t that hard to at least try. don’t let my little burnt egg rolls scare you away!