im experimenting with vegetables.
and with varying the foods i give to my sassy toddler.
i came across this awesome website: yummytoddlerfood.com and thats where i got the inspiration for this recipe.
2 TBSP butter
1/2 medium onion, thin sliced (recipe called for a whole) (i sliced with my mandolin)
1/2 tsp salt
2 cans diced tomatoes (i used one fire roasted and one regular) (original recipe calls for 5 cups diced fresh tomatoes)
3 cloves garlic
1 medium roasted sweet potato or 2 small
some fresh basil
- Melted the butter and let the onion, garlic and salt cook on medium for just a few minutes.
- Added in the tomatoes, covered let cook for 10-15 mins.
- Baked & roasted my sweet potato (i use the microwave and then my toaster oven)
- Added the roasted sweet potato to a blender, with the tomato soup. Pureed til it was smooth.
- Made a grilled cheese.
- Put it on a plate and ate it all up!